Friday 10 February 2012

Pesto - Classic and Ricotta


Classic:
  • 1/3 a cup of olive oil
  • As much fresh basil as you can get your hands on - at least 4 full handfulls
  • 3 cloves of garlic
  •  1/2 a cup of roasted pine nuts (fry them in a saucepan or bake them in the oven first)
  • 2 onions
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/2 a cup of fresh parmesan cheese
  1.  Chop the onions and cook them in a saucepan with some olive oil
  2. Toss all of your ingredients in the blender or food processor and there you go! Fresh pesto!
With Ricotta:

Well now, this is like... a really complicated and difficult addition. Only for very, very experienced chefs. Juust kidding, all you need to do is add a full tub (by a full tub, I mean about 3/4 of a cup to a cup) of ricotta to your mix and voila!

And on a different note, this song seems to be drilled in my head... and I love it

2 comments :

  1. I love making Pesto pasta Liv! This looks like a great way to zest up my normal dish! Can't wait to try! I'll let you know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete