One of the many amazing dishes to make if you have leftover pasta sauce, if you are going gluten or carb free, or, if you are like my dear friend Philippa and just love aubergine :)
2 eggplants (aubergine/melanzane)
3 cloves of garlic
Salt & pepper
Dried basil and oregano to taste
Fresh basil for garnish
- Make your sauce ahead of time. I like to use my mixed vegetable tomato sauce so I get as many veggies into this dish as possible.
- Start by cutting your aubergine into long slices about half an inch thick.
- Drizzle your slices with olive oil and mix in crushed garlic, salt & pepper, oregano and basil.
- Cook the aubergine on a grill, grill pan, or, if you don't have either, it is not a travesty to use a normal pan.
- Layer the slices with sauce and mozzarella in the same way you would lasagne.
- Pop your dish in the oven until the cheese is beautifully melted.
- Enoy :)